Mama's Mac and Cheese.
You can have Mama's Mac and Cheese using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mama's Mac and Cheese
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of red onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 lb of butter.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 quart of whole milk.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of yellow sharp cheddar, shredded.
- It’s 1 cup of white cheddar, shredded.
- Prepare 1 lb of macaroni noodles (cavatappi).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
Mama's Mac and Cheese instructions
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook the onion and garlic for about 5-7 minutes until tender..
- Add flour and whisk until all the lumps have disappeared. Cook this mixture for about 4-5 minutes. Make sure to constantly stir so it does not scorch..
- Add salt, pepper, and the milk to the roux (flour and butter) while whisking. Whisk until smooth..
- Add the yellow cheddar. Cook until all cheese has melted. Add the cooked macaroni..
- Place the mac and cheese in an oven-safe serving dish and top with the shredded white cheddar. Cook in the oven (325˚) until the cheese has melted and the edges have browned..
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of adopting a green lifestyle that a lot of people appreciate. This is attainable no matter how filled and hectic your life is. We must get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Regrettably, majority of people don’t concern themselves about their health since they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. In reality, several of these pills do help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. When your body wears out, you can’t get a new one, like your car. You should look after yourself while you can do so. Your body requires sufficient amounts of nutrients to run at its most effective levels. When you eat, are you concerned about the nutritional value or only eat whatever tastes good at the time? Do you typically eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food restaurants? Because a lot of folks decide to consume foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and a lot others, perhaps induced by the foods that are ingested. Individuals are becoming more and more concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Today it is so easy to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer’s market or health food store. Today, you can find an organic food aisle in nearly all grocery stores. There you will be able to get what science has named superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious illnesses. Ingesting these superfoods will improve your mental awareness and capabilities. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note an amazing increase in how much better you feel. Your body will begin to run as it was meant to when you provide it with the right nutrition. By doing this, your immune system will easily fend off maladies. See to it that you integrate these superfoods into your diet every day. To start, beans are excellent, and berries, particularly blueberries. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole cereals, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Additionally, you should eat yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. By consuming these superfoods on a regular basis, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. Green living provides you with a solid eating plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body is likely to be free of disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits right now.