Stuffed Baby Portabello Mushrooms.
You can cook Stuffed Baby Portabello Mushrooms using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Baby Portabello Mushrooms
- It’s 1 packages of baby portabello mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 large of garlic clove.
- Prepare 2 slice of red onion diced.
- It’s 5 piece of sun dried tomatoes diced (not oil packed).
- You need 5 of stems from the mushrooms diced.
- You need 1/4 tsp of each herb – dried parsley, thyme, dill – whichever you like is fine..
- It’s 4 slice of stale dry bread.
- It’s 1 of balsamic vinegar (2-3 tablespoons).
- It’s 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 of grated cheese – pecorino romano, or anything you like!.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper.
Stuffed Baby Portabello Mushrooms step by step
- Set oven to 350°. Butter an 8 × 8 baking dish and set aside..
- Pull off stubs (do not discard) and wash cap tops under cold running water. Lay them top side down on paper towels to dry while you prepare the other ingredients..
- Place the sun dried tomatoes in a bowl of very hot water – not boiling..
- Smash and finely dice a large clove of garlic. Take half a red onion and slice off 2 – 1/4" slices & dice them. Take 4-5 larger mushroom stems and finely dice. Lastly dice the tomatoes. BTW, if you threw out the stems (like I have) take 1, or 2, of the smallest mushrooms and use them as a replacement..
- Over a medium heat in a non-stick pan melt 2 tablespoons of butter..
- Once the butter is frothy add onions & cook about 1 minute. Add diced garlic, sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms. If it seems dry, add another pat of butter. Add about a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil. Cook for about a minute then add herbs, salt & pepper..
- While the onions are cooking place the stale bread into a gallon plastic bag and break it up into small pieces. Don't worry if there are bread crumbs – it's all going into the filling..
- When the onions look translucent put in a splash of balsamic vinegar and very soon it will evaporate. Take off the heat. Throw in the bread, stir well to incorporate and add up to 3/4 of a cup of chicken broth. There should be just enough to moisten the bread not make soup. Let cool..
- In a bowl add 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and dip only the tops of the mushrooms making sure to get the sides. Add more oil as you need to..
- Place caps in baking dish and start to mound filling into each cap using all the stuffing. Finish with grated cheese. Bake about 30 minutes..
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Superb Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One terrific thing about green living is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to attain this, even in this fast-paced world we are in. We have to take a step back and fight diseases before they occur. Unfortunately, most people don’t worry about their health as they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It’s impossible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the latest pill to deal with your health problems. In reality, some of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. Once your body wears out, you can’t trade it in for a new one, like your car. You must learn how to look after it before it is too late. Your body has to have the right nutrients to function at its optimum levels. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or simply eat anything tastes good at the time? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food joint or buy junk food at the local mini mart? Consuming sugar and starches, and also fatty foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are discovered all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and many others, likely induced by the foods that are eaten. A lot of people are realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food markets. Majority of grocery stores these days sell organic foods. This aisl is filled with what are today known as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to delay a number of diseases, or even overturn them. By ingesting these foods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how well you will soon feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to work. When this happens, your immune system will easily ward off health conditions. Your daily diet should include at least a few of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole food grains are a couple of other superfoods to add. Be sure to eat proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By eating these superfoods regularly, you should eliminate any weight gain problems. Observing a green living diet plan will offer you precisely what you need for good health. Your immune system will be better, and your body is likely to become disease free. You can anticipate a healthy future by altering your food choices today.