Cheat's Corned Beef Pie.
You can have Cheat's Corned Beef Pie using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheat's Corned Beef Pie
- Prepare of For the Pastry:.
- You need 250 g of flour.
- You need 1 Pinch of salt.
- It’s 55 g of butter, cold & cubed.
- You need 55 g of lard, cold & cubed.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare of For the Filling:.
- Prepare 1/2 (1 pack) of frozen diced onions.
- You need 2 knobs of butter.
- It’s 1 of small & 1 large tin of corned beef.
- It’s 1 packet of frozen mashed potatoes.
- It’s 1 splash of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper & salt.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten.
Cheat's Corned Beef Pie instructions
- Add the flour, salt, butter, and lard to the bowl of a food processor, blitz a few times until the mix resembles breadcrumbs. Add the yolk and 1 tbsp of water, blitz again a few times until a dough starts to form, you may need a little more water. Tip the mixture onto a lightly floured surface and bring together with your hand, but do not kneed it, cover with cling film chill in the fridge for 30 mins..
- Add the butter to a frying pan and heat gently, once melted add the onion and cook on low until the onion is soft and translucent, don't allow the onion to brown..
- Microwave the mashed potatoes for 5-8 minutes, stirring every few minutes, once soft add the milk and butter. Chop up the corned beef and add it to the potato whilst the potatoes are still warm, it makes the mixture easier to combine. Add the pepper and salt, taste to check the seasoning. Then mix through the cooked onions..
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan. Add a heavy-bottomed baking sheet to the oven to preheat. Roll out half the pastry large enough to cover the base and sides of a 9-inch pie tin. I like to push my pastry into the tin using a piece of wast pastry wrapped in cling film and dipped in flour..
- Fill the pastry base with the corned beef filling, it should be slightly domed, brush around the edge of the cooked pastry with the beaten egg. Roll out the second piece of pastry and top the pie. Use your thumb to press the top layer of pastry onto the bottom of the pastry. Cut a small hole into the centre of the pastry to release the steam, then egg wash all over and sprinkle with sea salt flakes..
- Place the pie in the oven on top of the preheated baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes then lower the temperature to 150 fan for a further 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely and then refridgerate before slicing..
- To decorate for halloween, I use Halloween cookie cutters to cut out shapes with left over pastry, then paint on the design with gel colouring diluted with a little water..
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One terrific feature of going green is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to attain this, even in this fast-paced world we are living in. We need to take a step back and prevent diseases before they come about. Unfortunately, majority of people don’t worry about their health as they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. There are some pills that help, but only if you make a couple of necessary modifications in your life. When your body wears out, you cannot get a new one, like your car. You must take care of your body while you have the ability to do so. Your body cannot function correctly if it does not receive the right nutrition. When you eat, are you concerned about the nutritional value or merely eat anything tastes good at the time? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food eating places? As people choose to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. An increasing number of individuals are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases because of the foods they ingest. Men and women are becoming increasingly health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Nowadays it is much easier to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most probably, your local grocery store today has an organic food area. This section is full of what are today acknowledged as superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious maladies. You will observe that you think more clearly when you start to eat these superfoods. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how healthy you will soon feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to work. When this happens, it will help your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. Be sure to integrate these superfoods into your diet every day. First off, beans are excellent, and berries, particularly blueberries. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, plus an assortment of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Make sure you consume proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. When you eat these superfoods daily, you should get rid of any weight gain problems. Following a green living diet plan will offer you precisely what you need for good health. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system improves. Prepare for a great future by making positive changes to your eating habits now.