Sage Brown Butter Biscuits.
You can cook Sage Brown Butter Biscuits using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sage Brown Butter Biscuits
- You need 2-1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 cup of cold butter (1 stick).
- It’s 4 tbsp of chopped fresh sage (dry ok).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of half and half or whole milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice or white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of egg and 1 tbsp water or milk whisked together to create an egg wash for the biscuits.
Sage Brown Butter Biscuits instructions
- Preheat oven to 400° F..
- Make the sage brown butter by melting the butter over low heat in a small saucepan and adding 2 tbsp of the sage. Cook gently (should lightly bubble) until the sage is very fragrant and the milk solids in the butter turn light brown. When it’s finished, it will look like there is brown sand floating in the bottom of the pan and it will smell heavenly when it’s finished. Hang onto the butter wrapper to store the finished butter for later use..
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Pour the contents of the pan into a food processor or blender and whir until the sage is completely blended into the melted butter. Return the mixture to the pan and set it in the freezer for about 3-4 minutes until it begins to set..
- Remove the pan from the freezer and use a rubber spatula to scrape the hardening butter from the pan. Refreeze and repeat, thoroughly mixing and incorporating the hardened butter into itself to get a consistent texture and to keep the butter from freezing into a pan-shaped solid disc..
- Once the butter is fully re-solidified, put it back in its original wrapper or some plastic wrap and reshape into a log. Sit it in the freezer until you are ready to add it to your biscuits!.
- In a large bowl, incorporate the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and the other 2 tbsp sage). Use a fork or whisk to thoroughly incorporate them..
- Before moving further, pour out the half and half or milk into a measuring cup or glass and add the lemon juice or vinegar. Mix thoroughly and let rest 5-10 minutes until it becomes bubbly. You’ve essentially created buttermilk..
- Remove your cold sage butter from the fridge or freezer and cut into approx. half-inch cubes. Break apart the cubes and lightly toss them into the flour mixture. Using your hands, smash each cube into a flat disc and break it up into small bits about the size of a dime, lightly tossing the butter bits into the flour as you go..
- Once the butter is broken up and integrated into the flour, add the buttermilk a little at a time and toss with your hands until a shaggy dough forms. It is ok if it has cracks and visible flour on it. This is ideal. Roughly shape it into a 1” tall square or rectangle. Throw it in the freezer for a few minutes to re-cool the dough..
- Remove the dough from the freezer and cut into four equal parts. Stack the parts into a small tower and smash them back down into a flat rectangle similar to the original shape. Refreeze the dough for another ten minutes. Repeat this step 1-2 times. The more you do it the more flaky layers our biscuits will have!.
- Roll or press the dough back out into its 1” rectangle for cutting the final biscuits. Use a knife to cut it into large squares and place on a lightly greased baking rack or sheet. This should yield about six 3” c 3” biscuits. Coat each biscuit with about 1/2 tsp (+/-) egg wash and bake at 400° F for 17-20 minutes..
- When the biscuits have five (5) mins. left, open the oven and add another layer of egg wash..
- Once the biscuits are done, they should have a deep, golden, shiny crust on top. Enjoy with butter, your favorite jam, or as a breakfast sandwich. 😍.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Superb Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One of the strongest points of green living is to slow down and bask in life. This is achievable no matter how filled and hectic your life is. We should get back to the point where it was a better idea to prevent disease in the first place. Unfortunately, majority of people don’t trouble themselves about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make a couple of essential alterations in your life. When your body wears out, you cannot trade it in for a new one, like your car. You have to look after your body while you have the ability to do so. Your body cannot work properly if it fails to get adequate nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what you are eating is good for you? Do you typically eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and oily food that almost all people consume, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. An increasing number of individuals are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases because of the foods they eat. Men and women are becoming more and more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Nowadays it is much easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Nowadays, you can find an organic food section in just about all grocery stores. There you will be able to see what science has named superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to delay or reverse particular diseases. By ingesting these foods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. You will begin to feel a whole lotso much better when you choose to consume the superfoods rather than junk food. Your body will start to work as it is supposed to when you supply it with the proper nutrition. As a result, it will help your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. Your daily diet have to contain at least some of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Throw in whole cereals and nuts. Be sure to consume proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Eating from this list of foods, you will never have to worry about your weight again. Adopting a green living diet plan will provide you with exactly what you need to become healthy and fit. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system improves. You can look forward to a healthy future by modifying your food choices today.