You can have Bread Pudding using 30 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- Prepare of A. Bread Pudding.
- It’s 8-10 slices of bread (buttered).
- You need of (Or use croissants, brioche etc).
- It’s 60 g of butter (melted).
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 of white sugar.
- It’s 500 ml of thickened cream.
- You need of (Or milk. We use whatever available but love thickened cream).
- You need of B. Sauce.
- It’s 300 g of milk (or use both cream & milk- anything available).
- You need 1-2 tbsp of sugar/maple syrup.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tsp of corn flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of custard powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanila extract.
- Prepare Pinch of nutmeg (opt).
- Prepare of Note: Some using only egg yolks (4-5 yolks) and cream instead of milk for sauce. For this type of sauce, do not add flour for thickening.
- Prepare of It’s simpler but for that much of yolks i have to come up with another dish/recipe for the egg whites. Adjust & taste.
- You need of C. Optional Sauce Recipe (fr drive me hungry).
- You need 1/2 C of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 C of half and half.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 4 of large egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s of Note: if half and half is not available – use 1 C of milk + 1 tbsp melted butter.
- Prepare of Cream sugar & egg yolk.
- It’s of Heat milk to a slightly simmer. Ladle milk into egg yolk mixture slowly until finish & keep whisking in between additions.
- It’s spoon of Return mixture to the pot & heat until sauce thickens & coats at the back of the.
- It’s of Add vanilla once it cools.
Bread Pudding instructions
- A. For Bread pudding – prepare ingredients- melt butter. Put aside. Grease ramekins with butter. Prepare bread – use any type of bread available – white, brioche, croissants. For white bread, trim the edges & butter both sides. cut into preferred size. Place/arrange cut bread into greased ramekins. Keep aside. Layer with sultanas (optional / if available).
- Crack eggs, stir in sugar & melted butter until well mixed. Next, add thickened cream. Whisk until well combined. Using a fine sieve, Strain this mixture into another bowl. Then, Ladle this mixture over the bread in ramekins & place ramekins in a bain marie. Bake at 180°C for 20-25mins or until the bread is golden in colour & filling is slightly set. Note: Preheat oven to 180°C & prepare water bath/ bain marie before baking bread pudding..
- B. Sauce – crack egg & whisk in corn flour, custard powder & maple syrup or sugar until well combined. We use maple syrup. Anything available. Put aside. scald milk over medium heat (This is use to temper the egg). Turn off the heat..
- Ladle scalded milk into egg mixture slowly while whisking quickly until well combined. Ladle milk in batches. (Skipping this step, risking eggy sauce & curdled egg/sauce, so, avoid skipping this process). Return to the heat and keep whisking (over medium heat first then switch to low) until mixture thickened. Remove from the heat. Add vanilla extract once sauce is slightly cooled/warm..
- Serve bread pudding with sauce..
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green For Better Health One terrific feature of adopting a green lifestyle is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this busy world we are living in. We should return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. Unfortunately, most people don’t trouble themselves about their health since they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It isn’t possible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the newest pill to cure you of your health problems. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old bad habits. When your body stops working properly, you cannot get a new one. You have to learn how to look after your body as early as possible. Your body cannot run correctly if it does not get the right nutrition. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or simply eat anything tastes good at the time? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food joints? As a lot of folks opt to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. More and more people are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases because of the foods they eat. Individuals are becoming increasingly health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. A lot of good food are now available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. These days, you can find an organic food section in almost all grocery stores. There you will be able to find what science has called superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to slow down certain diseases, or even overturn them. You will find that you think more clearly when you begin to consume these foods. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how well you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will enable it to work optimally. When this happens, it will allow your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. Your daily diet have to contain at least a few of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Don’t forget whole grains and nuts. Moreover, you need to have yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t ever have to worry about your weight again. You will enjoy good health once you decide to eat the green living way. You will find that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fight against disease. Prepare for an awesome future by making positive changes to your eating habits now.