Mike's Stacked Seafood Chowder.
You can have Mike's Stacked Seafood Chowder using 32 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Stacked Seafood Chowder
- You need 8 Cups of Seafood Stock [made with all shells & strained x2].
- Prepare of ☆ [note: you may not need all of your seafood stock].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Quality White Wine.
- You need 2 of Bay Leaves.
- You need of ● For The Seafood [all fine chopped & presteamed].
- It’s of ☆ [note: reserve all shells for seafood stock].
- You need 1 Cup of Shreadded Snow Crab Legs [look closely for any shells].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Crawdad Tails [optional but consider them].
- It’s 1 of LG Lobster Tail.
- It’s 1 Cup of Shrimp.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Clams.
- It’s of ● For The Chowder [sauté hard veggies in 4 tbsp butter].
- Prepare 2 Cups of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Diced Celery [to be sautéd].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Diced Vidalia Onions [to be sautéd].
- It’s 3 Cups of Diced Potatoes [parboiled].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Fresh Green Onions.
- You need 1 Dash of Saffron Threads.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Fresh Chopped Parsley.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Fresh Thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of White Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Butter & 1/4 Cup AP Flour.
- It’s of ● For The Options [to taste].
- Prepare of Chopped Carrots.
- It’s of Sweet Corn.
- It’s of ● For The Sides [as needed].
- You need of Dry Sherry [to drizzle over chowder].
- You need of Fresh Warm Crispy French Bread.
- You need of Seasoned Croutons.
Mike's Stacked Seafood Chowder instructions
- Various cold seafoods pictured..
- Steamed whole crawdads pictured..
- Pull all of your crab, lobster, crawdads, clams and shrimp meat from shells and reserve all shells..
- Create your seafood stock by boiling shells, wine and bay leaves for 15 minutes on high. Make enough for 8 cups. You may not need all stock depending upon how thick or thin you'll want your chowder. Strain your stock twice in a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth.
- At the same time, parboil your potatoes for 7 to 10 minutes to soften them before adding to your chowder. It's a real time saver. Small chop..
- Again, at the same time in a seperate pan, sauté your onions and celery in butter until translucent. About 2 to 3 minutes. Then, add flour and mix well until dissolved..
- Simmer chowder for 30 minutes. Stir regularly..
- Add your seafood to your chowder in the last 5 minutes of simmering..
- Serve chowder piping hot with crispy warm French bread for dipping and seasoned croutons. Also, Sherry to drizzle over the top if desired..
- Or, crispy garlic crustinins..
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Terrific Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One of the best reasons for adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and revel in life. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this hectic world we live in. We must get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. A lot of folks think nothing of abusing their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem instantly. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old bad habits. When your body quites functioning properly, you won’t be able to get a healthy one. You have to take care of your health while you are able to. Your body cannot work correctly if it fails to get the right nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what you are putting in your mouth is beneficial for you? Do you typically eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food places? Ingesting sugar and starches, and also greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and a lot others, probably caused by the foods that are consumed. People are becoming more and more concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Lots of good food can now be being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. These days, you can find an organic food area in almost all grocery stores. This aisl is full of what are now recognized as superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious illnesses. You will observe that you think more clearly when you begin to consume these foods. You will start to feel a lot better when you decide to consume the superfoods instead of junk food. By getting the right nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to function. When this happens, your immune system will easily fight off maladies. Your daily diet need to have at least several of these super foods. Why not include some beans or blueberries? Then, try adding several green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Add in whole grains and nuts. Additionally, you may want to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will eliminate your weight problems. You will enjoy good health when you opt to eat the green living way. You will discover that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fight against disease. Prepare for an awesome future by changing your eating habits right now.