My Ham Shank Soup (Thick pea soup). Classic pea & ham easy slow cooker soup recipe 🙂 Cook with me! Slow Cooker Split Pea & Ham Soup. You'll get quantities on the side of the packet the peas came in.
Turn your leftover ham into a delicious soup. Find top-rated recipes for ham potato soup, ham bean soup, and more. Creamy yellow pea soup studded with bits of ham, carrots, celery, and thyme. You can cook My Ham Shank Soup (Thick pea soup) using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Ham Shank Soup (Thick pea soup)
- Prepare 4 of large carrots scraped and cut into chunky slices.
- You need 250 g of Yellow Split Peas.
- You need of About 800g Ham Shank.
- You need of Boil in 2 1/2 Pints water.
- Prepare of Add a little black pepper.
There is nothing like this one on a cold day! I am a Canadian now living in the US. and cannot get. I usually make the pea soup with bacon pieces. This is so filling and makes you all warm inside, on a cold night.great for the winter.
My Ham Shank Soup (Thick pea soup) instructions
- Rinse the split yellow peas under cold water for a few minutes. Add the shank to boiling water and cook for 30 minutes, take out and take all the fat off it will come away easy then..
- Scrape and slice the carrots chunky. Add the split peas to the ham shank water with the shank when fat and skin removed. Simmer for about an hour then check if the meat comes off. If not leave for another hour for the split peas to be cooked..
- Fat and skin taken off. Add it back to the water with the split peas and carrots. Leave to simmer away for about an hour then check if the meat falls off the bone..
- Meat falling off the bone. When you take the bone out and grissle. Let it boil a little longer then some fat will float on top and you can scoop it off..
- After simmering. Turn off and leave for about an hour before serving as it goes thicker. Next day its the best. Cooked turn off and leave and it will be much thicker and meat falling to bits. So tasty. You can freeze this soup too..
Hearty winter soup made with fresh veg, lentils and ham shank (ham hock). The secret is using the water the ham was cooked in as stock for the soup. You can't go wrong with this soup but as with everything you will find you can easily adjust the ingredients to your own taste the more times you. Recipe v Video v Dozer v. Here's what you need for pea and ham soup.
Going Green for Better Health By Eating Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of green living that numerous individuals appreciate. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this hectic world we are in. We need to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Unfortunately, almost all people don’t worry about their health since they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It’s impossible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the latest pill to cure you of your health problems. There are some pills that help, but only if you make some essential alterations in your life. Once your body wears out, you won’t be able to get a new one, like your car. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take care of your body. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to work at best levels. When you put food into your mouth, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or just eat the food that tastes good at the time? Do you usually eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that almost all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. The things we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. Many people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Healthy food is now found at local grocery and health food shops. Almost all grocery stores now carry organic foods. This section has what are today known as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to delay certain diseases, or even overturn them. Consuming these superfoods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will observe a surprising increase in how good you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will enable it to work optimally. As a result, the immune system can fight off any malady. Be sure to add these superfoods into your daily eating routine. First off, beans are great, and berries, in particular blueberries. Then, add a few green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, together with a mix of nuts, primarily walnuts. In addition, you should eat yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t have to worry about your weight again. You will enjoy good health as you opt to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body can ward off diseases. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits right now.
Incoming search terms:
- My Ham Shank Soup (Thick pea soup)