BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits.
You can have BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits
- It’s of for the shrimp.
- It’s 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled, deveined.
- It’s 1 lb of Andouille Sausage, sliced on the diagonal 1/2 inch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of creole seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/2 stick of stick of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 of stalks celery, chopped.
- You need 1 of jalapeno, diced.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of small red onion, diced.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need of for the grits.
- It’s 1 cup of grits.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef or chicken broth, low sodium + extra to thin grits as they cook.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 tsp of Creole seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of blk pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
BP's N'Orleans Shrimp n Grits step by step
- In a large pot bring all liquids to boil, add butter and seasonings.
- Slowly stir in grits while whisking nonstop for about two minutes..
- Reduce heat to low and cook grits, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes..
- Adding extra broth as needed to keep the grits thin. Add cheese and whisk well, add more broth if needed..
- To prepare the shrimp, peel and devein shrimp, season with all the spices and set aside..
- In a large saute pan add butter and olive oil over medium high heat, add all the vegetables, except garlic and saute for 5 minutes, add garlic and saute 1 minute more..
- Add andouille sausage and saute about 10-15 minutes, until browned. Add shrimp and cook about 3-4 minutes are until no longer pink..
- Serve on top of hot grits…yes sir!.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Terrific Way To Go Green For Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of going green that a lot of people appreciate. This is doable no matter how busy and frantic your life is. We have to get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. A lot of men and women think nothing of not taking care of their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. We’re barraged with ads for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. Naturally, a number of these pills can help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. Unlike the car buying process, you won’t be able to trade in your burnt-out body for a new one. You mustn’t delay or it will be too late to take care of your health. Your body needs the right nutrients to operate at its optimum levels. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or merely eat anything tastes good at the time? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or purchase junk food at the local convenience store? Eating sugar and starches, as well as oily foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are discovered all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and many others, likely induced by the foods that are eaten. A lot of people are realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Nutritious food is now readily available at local grocery and health food markets. Nowadays, you can find an organic food section in virtually all grocery stores. There you will be able to get what science has called superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to delay some diseases, or even overturn them. You will find that you think more clearly when you start to ingest these superfoods. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how well you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will help it to work well. When this happens, the immune system is better able to fight off any disease. You should have several superfoods in your diet each day. Why not add some beans or blueberries? Next, add several veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are a few other foods to include. Be sure to include proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. When you consume these superfoods regularly, you should eliminate any problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy good health as you opt to eat the green living way. You will discover that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fend off disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits today.