Ray's Truck Stop Chili.
You can have Ray's Truck Stop Chili using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ray's Truck Stop Chili
- You need 3 lbs of ground beef.
- It’s 2 sticks of chorizo.
- Prepare 1 of white onion, diced.
- You need 5-6 of petite sweet peppers, diced.
- You need 2 of jalapeño, diced.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 cans of ro-tel tomatoes and green chiles.
- You need 2 cup of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of whole kernel corn, drained.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans, drained.
- You need 3 packets of chili seasoning.
- It’s 3 tbsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of rough chopped cilantro.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- You need of Onion salt.
- Prepare of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need of Sour cream.
Ray's Truck Stop Chili step by step
- As always, prep your ingredients before you do anything. Brown the ground beef and chorizo. Barely. I say barely because you want to just get it started cooking. There should be a lot of red still left in it. Drain all fat. (You want to release the rest of the fat in the next step).
- After draining the fat, add all of your diced ingredients, black pepper and onion salt to the beef, continue until the beef is completely browned. (We're sautéing the veggies a bit in the fat as we're finishing browning the beef).
- Transfer your beef mixture into a large pot. Add the ro-tel tomatoes, tomato sauce and water. Heat until it starts bubbling..
- After the mix is heated well add your corn and black beans. Heat through again. Now add the rest of the ingredients except the cheese and sour cream. Heat until bubbling again while stirring..
- The hard part is over! Lower heat almost all the way and cover. Wait about 10-15 minutes and check it. It should be bubbling very gingerly. You don't want a boil but you also want some sort of movement. Let sit on stove like that about 2 hours, stirring about every 15 minutes or so..
- Remove from heat. Serve in a large bowl with some shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of thick sour cream and enjoy! This stuff actually seems to taste even better reheated as leftovers! "It's just the way she goes, Rick"– Ray(RIP).
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health One good thing about green living is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to do this, even in this busy world we are living in. We have to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. The majority of men and women think nothing of not taking care of their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. Everywhere you look, you read about some magic pill that will immediately fix your latest problem. Of course, several of these pills can help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. When your body stops working right, you cannot get a healthy body. You should take care of your health while you have the ability to do so. Your body cannot work correctly if it fails to have adequate nutrition. Do you eat because something is available and you savor what they taste or do you opt for foods that are good for you? Do you typically eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that virtually all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. The foods we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. A lot of people are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Healthy food is now being sold at local grocery and health food stores. Virtually all grocery stores these days carry organic foods. In the organic food section, you’ll be able to find superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been proven to retard or reverse certain maladies. By eating these foods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will observe a surprising increase in how healthy you feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to work. When this happens, your immune system will easily fend off diseases. See to it that you add these superfoods into your diet. First off, beans are great, and berries, particularly blueberries. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole food grains are some other foods to include. Furthermore, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By eating these superfoods regularly, you should get rid of any weight problems. Adopting a green living diet plan will offer you precisely what you need to be healthy. Your body will ward off diseases as you build up your immune system. Prepare for a healthy future by changing your eating habits right now.