You can cook Grandpa's Chicana using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandpa's Chicana
- You need 2 lb of Pork loin chops, cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 2 of Green bell peppers, cleaned and chopped.
- It’s 2 of Serrano or jalapeño peppers chopped with seeds.
- Prepare 1 of Yellow onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of 14oz cans stewed tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 1 packages of Tia Maria corn tortillas, or cooked rice.
Grandpa's Chicana step by step
- Chop pork into bite size pieces, being sure to remove all fat..
- Add pork to a large pot and brown on high heat. Use a lid to drain off the fat a few times so meat can brown..
- Add chopped veggies and continue to cook on high stirring often until veggies start to soften. About 5 min..
- If eating with tortillas, heat them in a cast iron skillet and place them in a tortilla keeper to keep them warm..
- Pour juice from stewed tomatoes into pot, then dump tomatoes onto cutting board to give them a good chop..
- Add tomatoes to the pot and lower the heat to low, cover and simmer for an hour, or until pork is tender. Stir occasionally while cooking..
- If eating with rice, put your rice in a rice cooker and cook as directed..
Living Greener for Greater Health By Eating Superfoods One terrific feature of going green is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is doable regardless of how filled and frantic your life is. We have to take a step back and fix diseases before they happen. A lot of individuals have the attitude of ruining the body today, and heal it with a pill tomorrow. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem instantly. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old unhealthy habits. Unlike purchasing a new car, you won’t be able to exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You have to take care of your health while you can. Your body cannot work correctly if it does not have the right nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what goes into your mouth is healthy for you? Do you regularly eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food joints? Eating sugar and starches, as well as greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are cropping up all of the time? The things we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. People are deciding to eat better now that they are aware of how crucial food choices are to their health. Good nutritious food is now readily available at local grocery and health food stores. Nearly all grocery stores now have organic foods. This section is filled with what are now recognized as superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious diseases. By eating these foods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. You will begin to feel a whole lotso much better when you choose to consume the superfoods rather than junk food. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to run. When this happens, your immune system will easily fend off health conditions. Your daily diet need to include at least several of these super foods. To start, beans are very good, and berries, particularly blueberries. Next, try adding several veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, mainly walnuts. Also, you may want to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will get rid of your weight gain problems. Green living gives you a great eating plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body is likely to become disease free. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits today.