Classic Pot Roast.
You can cook Classic Pot Roast using 25 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic Pot Roast
- It’s 3 lb of rump.
- It’s 5 of sprigs of thyme.
- You need 3 of sprigs of oregano.
- Prepare 3 of sprigs of Rosemary.
- Prepare 10 of sprigs chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of package of mushrooms.
- It’s 2 dozen of baby carrots.
- Prepare 2 of stalks of celery.
- Prepare 4 of potato.
- Prepare 5 clove of of garlic minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of celery salt.
- Prepare 3 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 16 oz of beef stock.
- You need 6 oz of red wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 pinch of saffron.
Classic Pot Roast step by step
- Go ahead and make sure you have all your ingredients and utensils. This recipe calls for a large stock pot, tongs to handle and turn meat, a cutting board or two, a knife and a crock pot..
- Lets start by seasoning the meat. Season it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder,crushed red pepper, smoked paprika, celery salt, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme, oregano and parsley..
- Next go ahead and prepare your vegetables by chopping and slicing them in your preffered sizes. I like finely diced onion, whole baby carrots, minced or thinly sliced garlic and whole peeled cloves, celery (sliced thin and large chunks,) large potato quarters, sliced and quartered mushrooms. Set them all aside when you have them readied. Make your beef stock now and set that aside too if you arent using a liquid stock. Prepare a sachet for your herbs or simply take one stalk of your thyme and use is as twine to tie your herbs together..
- Lets turn on the heat on that stock pot to high. Add a little olive oil when the pot gets warm and wait for the oil to become hot..
- Add the rump to your pot and let it sear, turning every 3-4 minutes to ensure a nice even sear. This will lock in the seasonings and juices during the slow cook to come. After you have completely seared the meat remove the rump from the pot. Do not over cook your roast, it should only take about 8-12 minutes depending on your stove top. Do not remove the pot from heat or discard stuck on stuff or any juice..
- Add a little red wine to the pot, just a splash or 3 really and take a utensil and scrape the remains of the beef off the bottom of your pot. This will make a lovely beef base for your roast. Dont burn yourself on the steam! XD Now go ahead and add those onions making sure to toss them around a bit to coat them in the wine and base. Let the onions cook down until slightly translucent and then add the minced and whole garlic..
- Add the remaining vegatables to your pot and then all of the dry herbs and spices. (Do not add the bay leaf yet) Toss them around to coat them evenly. If you are using fresh herbs add them on the next step rather than this one. This will make it easier to remove them from your stew. Nobody likes eating stems ;).
- Ok so now that we have our veggies partially cooked down its time to place the rump back in and add your beef stock. Placing your herbs (still no bay leaves) gently on top for easy removal. Reduce heat to a low simmer for about 10-15 minutes stirring once or twice..
- Pull out your herbs and place everything into your crock pot. I use the same herbs once again laying them on top for easy removal. Add the bay leaves now. Turn your crockpot on a low for 6, 12 or even 24 hours. No stirring needed. Set it and forget it. =D.
- Remove the bay leaves and herb bundle before consumption..
- Favorite, create, cook snap, enjoy and follow!.
Living Greener for Better Health By Consuming Superfoods One of the strongest points of green living is to slow down and bask in life. This is doable regardless of how busy and frantic your life is. We should get back to where it was a better idea to avoid disease in the first place. The majority of folks think nothing of not taking care of their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. It isn’t possible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the latest pill to cure you of your health problems. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make some essential changes in your life. As soon as your body wears out, you won’t be able to trade it in for a new one, like your car. You mustn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take goood care of yourself. Your body needs sufficient amounts of nutrients to operate at its most effective levels. When you eat, are you concerned about the nutritional value or just eat whatever tastes good at the time? Do you typically eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food places? Ingesting sugar and starches, and oily foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are being discovered all of the time? More and more folks are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases as a result of the foods they ingest. Men and women are becoming increasingly concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Good nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food markets. Almost all grocery stores these days carry organic foods. In the organic food section, you’ll be able to find superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious illnesses. Eating these superfoods will improve your mental awareness and capabilities. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how healthy you will soon feel. Your body will start to run as it was meant to when you give it the right nutrition. As a result, your immune system will easily fight off diseases. You have to include a few superfoods in your diet daily. To start with, beans are great, and berries, especially blueberries. Then, try to add a few green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, plus a mix of nuts, mainly walnuts. In addition, you should have yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. If you eat these superfoods, you will never have a weight problem again. You will enjoy optimal health as you choose to eat the green living way. You will find that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits right now.