Spicy Sausage Ragu Pasta. Learn how to make a Spicy Sausage Ragu Pasta Sauce Recipe! I hope you enjoy this Penne Pasta with Sausage Ragu Recipe! Spicy Italian sausage kicks up simple tomato sauce for a zesty and flavorful pasta dinner.
When it comes to this penne pasta with spicy sausage ragu recipe, we aren't just cheating a little, were cheating all over the place. Really, that's it – brown and simmer. Oh, you do have to boil some penne pasta, but I think you can find a way to work that into your busy schedule. You can cook Spicy Sausage Ragu Pasta using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Sausage Ragu Pasta
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 300 g of pork sausages, casings removed.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of celery stick, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of fresh chilli, finely chopped.
- You need 400 g of tin of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare Splash of red wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes (adjust according to your preference).
- Prepare 400 g of fusilli or spirali pasta.
- Prepare of Basil.
- It’s of Parmesan.
This spicy sausage and tomato ragu with spirali pasta is a flavour-packed dish that's sure to be a family favourite. Any short, tubular pasta will work with this meaty ragu–just make sure to cook it al dente for texture. Any short, tubular pasta will work with this meaty ragù. We used sedanini ("little celery") on the cover, but easier-to-find rigatoni and penne are great, too.
Spicy Sausage Ragu Pasta instructions
- Heat up the olive oil in a large non-stick pan. Once the oil is hot, add the sausages and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the chopped onion, garlic, celery, carrot and chilli to the sausages and fry on a low/medium heat until the onion and celery are transparent and soft..
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes. Add some water to the empty tin and swish around to use up the excess tomato sauce and add to the sauce. Add the brown sugar, tomato puree, balsamic vinegar, chilli flakes and red wine to the sauce. Stir and then leave to simmer and reduce (no lid and stir only occasionally)..
- While the sauce is simmering, put a large pot of water on to boil. Add salt to season the water..
- Once the water has reached boiling point, add the dried pasta and cook according to packet instructions (usually 9-11 mins)..
- Finely chop a couple of handfuls of basil and add to the sauce. Keep some aside to sprinkle over the final dish..
- Using a spoon or ladle, take a couple of spoonfuls of the starchy water from the boiling pasta and add to the sauce. This will add liquid whilst helping to thicken the sauce. The sauce should now be a good consistency (you can check by seeing if it covers the back of a wooden spoon)..
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain and add to the sauce. And mix in. Serve in bowls with grated parmesan and the remaining basil sprinkled over the top. Bon appetit!.
RAGÚ® is your source for a variety of delicious pizza and spaghetti sauces. Explore our vast selection of chunky, meat, mushroom, cheese sauces and more. RAGÚ Simply™ Chunky Garden Vegetable Pasta Sauce. Feed the family this comforting, budget-friendly sausage ragu with pasta. You can freeze the leftovers for another time and it tastes just as good.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Good Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One great feature of adopting a green lifestyle is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this fast-paced world we are living in. We need to get back to the point where it was a better idea to avoid disease in the first place. Alas, almost all people don’t worry about their health since they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. No matter where you look, you find out about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. Of course, a number of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. When your body stops working right, you won’t be able to obtain a brand new one. You mustn’t delay or it will be too late to take goood care of your health. Your body cannot work correctly if it does not have the right nutrition. Do you eat because something is available and you savor what they taste or do you choose healthy foods? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food eating places? As most people decide to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. The food products we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. People are choosing to eat better now that they know how important food choices are to their health. Nutritious food is now readily available at local grocery and health food shops. In all probability, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food aisle. There you will be able to get what science has called superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been found to delay or reverse some diseases. You will see that you think more clearly when you start to ingest these foods. You will start to feel a whole lotso much better when you opt to consume the superfoods instead of junk food. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to function. As a result, it will enable your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your daily diet. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole grains, and oats, plus a mix of nuts, mainly walnuts. Be sure to include proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By consuming these superfoods daily, you should not have to worry about any problems with gaining weight. Following a green living diet plan will give you just what you need for good health. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body is likely to ward off diseases. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.