Szechuan Style Twice Cooked Pork. Twice cooked pork(回锅肉) or Double cooked pork belly (Huiguorou in Chinese language ) is one of the most famous dishes of szechuan pork recipes. Twice-cooked pork means that the pork should be cooked twice. Firstly pork is boiled in water until nearly cooked, then use Doubanjiang(also.
Twice cooked pork is a famous Szechuan food that requires cooking twice. The pork is simmered in water, followed by pan-frying and enrobed in a glossy thick gorgeous sauce made with a combination of chili bean. Szechuan Twice-Cooked Pork (Hui Guo Rou). You can cook Szechuan Style Twice Cooked Pork using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Szechuan Style Twice Cooked Pork
- It’s 250 grams of Block of pork shoulder.
- Prepare 1/4 of Cabbage.
- You need 1 of Green pepper.
- It’s 1 of Japanese leek.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic (minced).
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger (minced).
- It’s 1 tsp of Doubanjiang.
- You need 5 of Douchi.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare of Sauce:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Tianmianjiang.
- You need 1 tsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Shaoxing wine.
- You need 4 of kernels Sichuan pepper (or Sansho pepper).
- Prepare of Other:.
- Prepare 3 of Japanese leek (green part).
- It’s 4 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 of Vegetable oil.
Cut of pork: In Sichuan, cooks use pork rump to make this recipe, but this cut of pork is not that easy to find in the U. S. since it is often used to make ham. This restaurant-style twice-cooked pork belly is so delicious and packed with flavors. Twice-cooked pork is one of my favorite dishes in addition to spicy boiled fish to order here at a number of Sichuan restaurants in San Diego.
Szechuan Style Twice Cooked Pork step by step
- Rub the block of pork shoulder with 3% its weight in salt. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator for half a day or more. This photo shows an 800g block of meat, which will serve about 6-7 people..
- Once time has passed, remove the wrap and boil the pork. Place the pork in lukewarm water before bringing to a boil. Remove any of the scum and excess oil that releases from the meat..
- When it begins to boil, remove from the pot and lightly rinse with water. Change the water in the pot and bring it to a boil. Add the meat, the green section of the Japanese leeks, and the garlic. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour..
- Be careful that the meat doesn't fall apart while it's boiling. After it has boiled, leave it to cool in the pot. Once cooled, cut into bite-sized pieces..
- It tastes best if the meat is cut into 5-10mm slices..
- Sichuan pepper is indispensable in Sichuan cooking. Remove 10 kernels of pepper from the Sichuan pepper and use a knife to chop finely. Use the side of a knife to crush the douchi beans and then finely chop..
- Tear apart the cabbage leaves with your hand and slice the core with a knife. Remove the seeds from the green pepper and chop..
- Mince the garlic, mince the ginger, and prepare the doubanjiang. Combine the ingredients for the sauce..
- Steam the vegetables. Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and then add the green pepper and cabbage. Boil for 10-15 seconds and then drain..
- Heat a frying pan and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Cook the doubanjiang, garlic, and ginger from Step 8 until fragrant. Add the leek and quickly add the sauce..
- Agitate the pan while cooking for 100 seconds and then add the cabbage. Cook for another 20 seconds. Swirl in some sesame oil to finish and enjoy!.
- Here is an egg soup made from the boiled liquid in Step 4. You can use the water that the meat was boiled in for various recipes, so don't throw it away. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143991-yakiniku-japanese-bbq-restaurant-style-egg-drop-soup.
Twice Cooked Pork (Double Cooked Pork) from China Sichuan Cuisine. Twice Cooked Pork-Szechuan Pork Stir Fry. Szechuan Pork – a quick, easy and utterly delicious meal good for any night of the week. I'm still here in Southern Ontario and I'm not happy with the I just love trying new styles of dishes, new flavors, after all that's what cooking is all about, exploring all the different flavors. If you try this recipe, please.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One terrific feature of adopting a green lifestyle is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to do this, even in this busy world we are in. We have to get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. A lot of individuals think nothing of not taking care of their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. You can’t turn around without hearing about the latest pill to deal with your health problems. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old unhealthy habits. Once your body wears out, you cannot get a new one, like your car. You have to learn how to look after your health the soonest you can. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to work at best levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what you are eating is beneficial for you? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food joints? Eating sugar and starches, as well as oily foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are cropping up all of the time? A growing number of folks are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases because of the foods they consume. Individuals are becoming more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. A lot of nutritious food can now be available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Majority of grocery stores these days have organic foods. This food section is full of what are today known as superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to delay or reverse some maladies. By consuming these superfoods, your body will become healthier. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note a surprising increase in how healthy you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will enable it to run well. In this case, the immune system is better able to fight off any malady. Be sure to integrate these superfoods into your diet. First off, beans are great, and berries, particularly blueberries. Then, try to add several green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are a couple of other foods to include. See to it that you include proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will eliminate your problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy good health as you decide to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be better, and your body can potentially be free of disease. You can look forward to a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.