Meatloaf with a Greek touch. Oregano, garlic and feta cheese brings a ho-hum dish to new heights. Serve with Lemon Potatoes and Greek Salad. A combination of white and dark ground turkey meat are mixed with breadcrumbs, chopped fresh dill, and crumbled feta cheese for Greek-inspired flavor in this family-friendly View image.
It uses flavors such as lemon, fennel, and mint to make a fragrant and delicious I pair this meatloaf with a Greek yogurt cucumber sauce and a salad with fennel greens for a full Greek inspired meal. Greek Turkey Zucchini Meatloaf is a flavorful spin on the classic comfort food. Made with ground turkey, oats (use certified gluten free if necessary), stuffed with feta cheese and juicy from all the shredded zucchini – this healthy main dish will definitely become a new staple in your dinner rotation. You can have Meatloaf with a Greek touch using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meatloaf with a Greek touch
- You need 1 kg of ground beef.
- It’s 2 of onions.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parsley.
- Prepare 2 cups of rusks (ground).
- It’s 1/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare of salt, pepper, paprika, spearmint.
- It’s of water / wine.
- It’s of Stuffing.
- You need 2 of big tomatoes.
- Prepare 250 g of feta cheese.
- It’s of oregano.
- It’s of Potatoes.
- Prepare 4-5 of big potatoes (or as many as you wish).
- It’s of oil, salt, pepper.
Recipe to beat disease: Greek-style meatloaf. This delicious meatloaf is full of vitamins and minerals to keep you healthy. Try this authentic Greek dish tonight for a satisfying meal that's sure to impress. I can't recall a meat-loaf combination that I didn't love.
Meatloaf with a Greek touch instructions
- Put the rusks in a blender to ground them. If you don't have rusks (I think they are not easily available outside Greece), you can use breadcrumbs or Panco (you will skip the blender in this case). Add the oil, balsamic vinegar and water, enough to moisten it. It needs to be like moist bread. If you like you can add some wine instead of water..
- Put the rusks in a big bowl. In the blender put the onions, garlic and the parsley. Blend..
- In the bowl add the beef, the onions etc, and the spices. Add the egg and mix well..
- Cut the tomatoes and feta cheese in small cubes. In a bowl mix the tomatoes, feta and oregano..
- Put a baking paper on a tray. Spread the meat on the paper, to form a rectangle. Spread the mix with the tomatoes on top (leave space in the ends)..
- With the help of the baking paper, roll it. Make sure that the seam of the meatloaf is on the bottom, but the seam of the baking paper is in a place that will let you remove it at some point..
- Cut the potatoes and add the oil, salt and pepper. Put them around the meatloaf. Bake at 180C.
- After 50 minutes remove the baking paper. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until it is done..
I'm rather proud of our Greek Meatloaf recipe. I love a great nutloaf or mushroom/veggie combo. Our Greek Chicken Meatloaf with Spinach & Feta incorporates classic Mediterranean flavors like fresh oregano, lemon zest, garlic and pungent. Gyro meatloaf recipe – Easy Greek recipe. I've never had any since then because we don't have any Greek restaurants around me.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Good Way To Go Green For Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of adopting a green lifestyle that numerous people appreciate. This is achievable regardless of how filled and hectic your life is. We need to get back to where it was a better idea to prevent disease in the first place. A lot of individuals think nothing of mistreating their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. It isn’t possible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the newest pill to cure you of your health problems. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old negative habits. Once your body wears out, you won’t be able to exchange it for a new one, like your car. You mustn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take care of your health. Proper nutrition is important for your body to run at top levels. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or just eat anything tastes good at the time? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food place or get junk food at the local convenience store? As a lot of folks choose to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. An increasing number of individuals are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases due to the foods they eat. People are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Lots of good food are now being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Virtually all grocery stores nowadays have organic foods. This aisl is filled with what are today known as superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been found to delay or reverse certain diseases. Ingesting these superfoods will improve your mental awareness and capabilities. You will begin to feel a lot better when you decide to eat the superfoods in place of junk food. By getting the right nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to function. By doing this, your immune system will easily ward off diseases. Make sure you integrate these superfoods into your daily diet. Why not add some beans or blueberries? Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole cereals are a couple of other essentials. Furthermore, you should have yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. Eating from this list of foods, you will never have a weight problem again. You will enjoy good health when you opt to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body can ward off diseases. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits now.